Research and Information Management
The Research and Information Management Division is responsible for providing relevant research findings to internal and external stakeholders. The main activities include:
- maintaining a Central Repository of Information to ensure that standardised data are readily accessible to support school inspection activities
- accessing students’ assessment and schools’ demographic data from other departments within the Ministry of Education to inform the inspection process
- analysing the findings from school inspections
- providing data and analyses of data to support the production of national and thematic reports
- identifying best practices and emerging themes
The Division is managed by Shirlee Morgan, a trained mathematics educator and data scientist. He has held several positions in the field of statistics and research within the Ministry of Education and brings a wealth of experience in the areas of data management, statistics and research, qualitative and quantitative data analysis.